Friday, November 11, 2011

Toast to the Good Life...DIY Personalized Bridesmaid Wine Glasses

I really wanted to incorporate my Domesticated Diva touch to at least one of my bridesmaid's gifts.  I decided personalized wine glasses would be both beautiful and functional =)

I bought 6 wine glasses, and ensured I washed and dried the glasses very well prior to starting my crafting project.  Washing the wine glasses, ensures all finger prints, oils, dirt and dust are removed.  I bought craft paint specially made for glass, and I bought paints that match our wedding colors =)  This is the paint I bought...


I then printed my bridesmaid's names out to use it as a guide.  I used a font that would be fairly easy to use and thick enough to see. 


I cut the names to a manageable size, and taped it to the inside of the wine glass...



I then began painting their names.  If you happen to mess up, you can wipe it off with a wet paper towel and it should be fine.  I bought a fairly thick paint brush, if I had to do it again I would purchase a thin brush instead.  I painted their names once, and let it dry for about 30 minutes.  Then, I applied a second coat of paint, so that their names and purple color appeared clearly.  Here is a pic after I painted the names...



I then decided I would do a poke-a-dot design around the names, since that seemed to be the most easiest.  I also applied two coats to the poke-a-dot design...



Per the instructions on the paint bottles, you must bake the glass to set the paint.  Baking the glass, ensures the paint will not come off after it is used.  Baking it also seems to make the paint appear glossier.  Here's a pic after the wine glasses were baked...



I then washed the glasses again with soapy water.  To finish off the gifts, I decided to tie a ribbon around the stem of the glass like so...


Now, uncork that wine bottle and have yourself a nice glass of vino!

No comments:

Post a Comment